For your consideration...
* The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
* People who cannot find time for recreation are obliged sooner or later to find time for illness.
- John Wanamaker
* It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
- Mahatma Gandhi
* For me, exercise is more than just physical – it’s therapeutic.
* Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.
- Thomas Dekker
* A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.
– Dave Ramsey
* He who buys what he does not need steals from himself.
– Swedish Proverb
* Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.
- Benjamin Franklin
* One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood.
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
* Life doesn’t make any sense without interdependence. We need each other, and the sooner we learn that, the better for us all.
- Erik Erikson
* Great marriages aren’t about clear communication – they’re about small moments of attachment and intimacy.
- Dr. John Gottman
* To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don't grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead you relax, and float.
- Alan Watts
* I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.
* We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
* The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation, but your thoughts about it. Be aware of the thoughts you are thinking.
– Eckhart Tolle
* Courage doesn’t happen when you have all the answers. It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life.
* The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.
- Carl Rogers
* When we are open to new possibilities, we find them. Be open and skeptical of everything.
– Todd Kashdan
* What other people think of me is none of my business.
- Eleanor Roosevelt
* Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet.
* How hurtful it can be to deny one's true self and live a life of lies just to appease others.
* The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.
* The attempt to escape from pain, is what creates more pain.
* Don't let making a living prevent you from making a life.
- John Wooden
* Never confuse the size of your paycheck with the size of your talent.
- Marlon Brando
* If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.
* There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
– Beverly Sills
Just For Fun
* I’m sick of following my dreams, man. I’m just going to ask where they’re going and hook up with ’em later.
- Mitch Hedberg
* Insanity runs in my family. It practically gallops.
—Mortimer Brewster (Cary Grant), Arsenic and Old Lace
* If I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer.
- Ace Ventura (Jim Carrey), Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
* Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are.
- Will Ferrell
* Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
- Jack Handey
* I have lived with several Zen masters -- all of them cats.
And Last, But Not Least…
* My friends tell me I have an intimacy problem. But they don't really know me.
- Garry Shandling